For purposes of data protection laws, located at , is the “data controller” of your information collected in connection with the Teech Services.
Table of Contents
- Personal Information Teech Collects About You
- How Teech Uses Personal Information
- When Teech Discloses Personal Information
- Data Subject Rights & Your Choices
- Account Closure & Deletion
- Third-Party Websites and Services
- Advertisers and Analytics Providers
- Do Not Track
- Data Security
- Retention of Your Information
- Children’s Privacy
- Merger or Sale
- International Data Transfers
- Changes and Updates to This Privacy Notice
- Teech Contact Information
- California Privacy Disclosures
Personal Information Teech Collects About You
We obtain information about you through the means discussed below when we provide the Teech Services. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Teech Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use the Teech Services.
- User-provided Information: You may provide a variety of information about yourself to us, such as your name, voice and image (in any content you upload), Teech username, email address, postal mailing address, telephone number, credit card number, and billing information when you register for Teech Services; upload, subscribe, purchase, view, or download certain content or products from the Teech Services; enter contests or sweepstakes; or otherwise use the features and functionality of the Teech Services.
- Information from Other Sources: We may obtain additional information from third parties and sources other than the Teech Services. For example, we may obtain additional information from advertisers or services you use, or social media networks (such as Facebook) for which you have approved our access. When you access the Teech Services through social media networks or when you connect the Teech Services to social media networks, you are authorizing Teech to collect, store, and use such additional information and content in accordance with this Privacy Notice. We may also obtain information from third-party services (such as XXX or YYY) regarding your use of such services, including about your use of the content you choose to broadcast through the Teech Services. We use this information to supplement the information we collect about you in order to provide more relevant, safer experiences for you with the Teech Services and improve the Teech Services, analytics, and advertising. If we combine or associate information from other sources with information that we collect through the Teech Services, we will treat the combined information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
How Teech Uses Personal Information
- Teech uses such information to operate, maintain, enhance, provide, create, and develop all of the features, functionality, and services (new or existing) found on the Teech Services; provide security for our websites, products, software, or applications; manage relationships with Teech account holders, including making or receiving payment; improve users’ experience with Teech by providing content recommendations and by delivering content that we hope users will find relevant and interesting, including advertising and marketing messages; allow you to comment on content, and participate in online lessons, courses, contests, or rewards programs; prevent fraud and abuse; and understand the usage trends of our users.
- We use your email address and/or telephone number to communicate with you, including to notify you of major Teech Services updates, for customer service purposes, or to contact you regarding any content that you have posted to or downloaded from the Teech Services. If you want to stop receiving notifications by telephone, reply STOP to any text message from us. Note that we may still send you additional informational or transactional notifications.
- Teech may periodically send promotional materials or notifications to you related to the Teech Services. If you want to stop receiving promotional materials, you can go to your account settings once you have logged in to the Teech Services or follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of any email from us. If you have installed a mobile app and you wish to stop receiving push notifications, you can change the settings either on your mobile device or through the app.
- In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect and process your personal information (such as our obligation to share data with tax authorities).
- We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop the processing of your data for that purpose.
- Teech will rely on legal grounds to process your personal information to the extent permitted by applicable law, which may include, without limitation: to honor contractual commitments, to take steps in anticipation of entering into contract, to fulfill legal obligations, your consent, and Teech’s legitimate interests.
When Teech Discloses Personal Information
We share such information as described below:
- We disclose such information to service providers working on our behalf, such as, to: provide website hosting, maintenance, and security services; fulfill orders; conduct data analysis and create reports; offer certain functionality; or assist Teech in improving the Teech Services and creating new services and features. We require that these parties process such information in compliance with this Privacy Notice, we authorize them to use the information only for the purposes for which it is provided to them, and we require them to use reasonable confidentiality measures.
- Teech may make information available to our affiliates (meaning entities controlled by, controlling, or under common control with Teech).
- Teech may disclose user information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with Singapore, U.S. or EU state and federal laws or other applicable laws around the world (for example, in the country of your residence), or respond to a court order, judicial or other government request, subpoena, or warrant in the manner legally required.
- Teech also reserves the right to disclose information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to protect Teech from potential liability or from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims, or allegations; protect the security or integrity of the Teech Services; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Teech, our users, or others.
Other than as set out in this Privacy Notice, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Data Subject Rights and Your Choices
Teech’s Privacy Choices page describes your privacy options with respect to the Teech services, including information about how you may be able to review, update, or delete information that Teech may have about you. You may decline to share certain information with Teech, in which case Teech may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Teech Services. If you have created a Teech Services account, depending on the service, you may be able to update your profile information and preferences or disable your account by logging in and going to the settings page – for example, www.teech.tv/profile
For other requests to review, update, delete, or otherwise limit Teech’s use of information that you have provided directly to Teech, you may contact . In your request, please include your email address, name, address, and telephone number and specify all relevant background. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and residents of Brazil can exercise certain data subject rights available to them under applicable data protection laws. We will comply with requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable law. Please note that in some circumstances, we may need to keep processing your information for certain legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. If these rights apply to you, they may permit you to request that we:
- Obtain access to or a copy of certain personal information we hold about you.
- Prevent the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling).
- Update personal information that is out of date or incorrect.
- Delete certain personal information we hold about you.
- Restrict the way that we process and disclose specific personal information about you.
- Transfer your personal information to a third-party provider of services.
- Revoke consent that you previously provided for the processing of your personal information.
For more information on how to exercise these rights, click here. If applicable, you may make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you are based. Alternatively, you may seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
Account Closure & Deletion
If you would like to close your account and delete your profile information on www.teech.tv go to https://www.teech.tv/user/delete_account. For Teech Services other than Teech.tv, you may update or delete information tied to your account, or close an account, by accessing the “My Account” area of the service or by submitting a help ticket to that service. If you close your account, Teech may retain certain information about you for the activities described in this Privacy Notice, or as permitted or required by applicable law.
Third-Party Services and Websites
The Teech Services may link to third-party websites or services. The privacy practices of those third parties are not governed by this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third-party websites and services to understand their practices.
If you connect to a third-party service (such as Facebook, Twitter, Discord or another third-party application) through the Teech Services or otherwise link your Teech account with a third-party service, you are requesting and authorizing us to share or grant access to information on your behalf (such as your username, the fact that your connection originated from the Teech Services, and other relevant usage and diagnostic information) with such third party. We may also send information about the content you watch or your activities on the Teech Services to such third parties.
Advertisers and Analytics Providers
Teech may use third-party Web analytics services in connection with the Teech Services. These service providers use a variety of tracking technologies such as cookies to analyze how users use the Teech Services. The information collected (described above in “Automatically Collected Information”) may be shared with or collected directly by these services and processed to evaluate your use of the Teech Services.
Teech may also work with third-party ad networks, advertisers, and advertising analytics providers to target (and measure the performance of) ads to you both on and off the Teech Services. We may share with these third parties (or they may directly collect) data such as cookie and mobile ad identifiers in order to engage in advertising activity (including to understand how you respond to advertisements and to serve relevant ads). Teech also works with third parties to serve ads to you off Teech’s Services. When we do so, we may share information such as your email address or resettable device identifier for that advertising partner to “match” to other information that may have about you.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our website for third-party purposes, and that is why we provide the Network Advertising Initiative, Your Online Choices and the Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out links above. However, Teech does not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals.
Teech uses a variety of managerial, technical, and physical measures to protect the integrity and security of your information. These measures may vary based on the sensitivity of your information. However, no security precautions or systems can be completely secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Teech, and you do so at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Retention of Your Information
Teech maintains data related to your usage of Teech for as long as it is required in order to fulfill the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required (or permitted) by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you. Once you have asked us to close your account and delete your profile information, we will delete all information that we are not required or permitted to retain by law.
IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE Teech SERVICES AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Teech does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information (as defined by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from persons under 13 years-of-age. If Teech learns that personal information of persons under 13 has been collected on or through the Teech Services, Teech will take appropriate steps to delete this information.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has become a Teech Services member, then please contact Teech at to have that child’s account terminated and personal information deleted.
For residents of the EEA and residents of Brazil where the processing of personal information is based on consent, Teech will not knowingly engage in that processing for users under the age of consent established by applicable data protection law. If we learn that we are engaged in that processing with such users, we will halt such processing and will take reasonable measures to promptly remove applicable information from our records.
Merger or Sale
In the event that Teech, or some or all assets related to the Teech Services are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity or in connection with a contemplated change of ownership transaction, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users as part of that merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control event, including in the course of diligence.
International Data Transfers
Information collected by Teech may be stored and processed in your region, in the United States or Singapore (for instance in our major data centers), or in any other country where Teech or its affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, or service providers are located or maintain facilities. If we provide any information about you to any such entities, we will take appropriate measures to ensure such companies protect your information adequately in accordance with this Privacy Notice and applicable law.
Changes and Updates to This Privacy Notice
Teech reserves the right to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Privacy Notice at any time (for example to reflect updates to the Teech Services or to reflect changes in the law). Please check this Privacy Notice periodically for those changes. Your continued use of the Teech Services after the posting of changes constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes.
We will not materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of personal information collected in the past under a prior version of the Privacy Notice without the consent of affected individuals
Teech Contact Information
Please contact Teech with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice at or by email to . We will respond to your inquiry within 30 days of its receipt. If you are a California, USA resident, you may have this same information emailed to you by sending a letter to the foregoing address with your email address and a request for this information.
California Privacy Disclosures
Click here to read additional disclosures required under the California Consumer Privacy Act and other California laws.